January 7, 2013

Cheerful Beginnings

Hello out there!

I hope you all enjoyed some festivities these past couple weeks! Around here, we've had our fair share of celebrations, as well as some significant reasons for reflection on life. So, knowing I'm not alone in that, I thought I'd post a few pictures to spread some cheer. I looked around my house and found a few things I thought might brighten your day and mine. Enjoy!

"Fearfully and Wonderfully Made"
Oil on Canvas, 18 x 24"  Copyright 2011 Lisa Smouter
Limited edition prints available in various sizes.

And now, here's a little something I made for a little fan of the Disney movie "Tangled" -- I think there are quite a few little girls out there who will recognize this image of Rapunzel and the floating lights.

It's borrowed from a mural which Rapunzel painted in her bedroom. Annie and I had fun one day with some leftover scrap paper from Grandma and some matte gel medium, ripping and sticking and getting overall quite gooey.

Annie said "Ssshhh--TICK! ... Sssshh--TICK! ... Sssshh--TICK!" ...

I don't think this will be my schtick, but it was certainly a lot of fun! :)

"Rapunzel and the Floating Lights"
Mixed Media (paper collage, pen and ink)
borrowed from Disney's "Tangled"


And here's my latest hobby--gesture drawing! As a kind of new years resolution, I'm trying to sketch more often--and what could be more challenging than drawing two squirmy kids? :) We shall see how this goes... :)
"Anne and the Lollipop" pen and ink.
January 2013, approx 1 minute.


"Two in the Tub" felt marker, so there's no going back...
January 2013, approx 30 seconds.


More to come! Happy 2013, all!

LS 



No comments:

Post a Comment