October 29, 2012

It Only Takes a Spark...

A portion of a painting in progress. Italy, Cinque-Terre, Manarola. Oil on Canvas with acrylic underpainting, 24 x 30"
You know how they say "it only takes a spark"

My old stomping grounds, Redeemer University College, recently held a match to the back-ends (ha!) of my paintbrushes and let them burn to nearly nothing. Just to see how fast I could complete a painting.

Their method was pretty effective, I must say.




In less than two months, a wedding gift for my sister suddenly materialized (I'm a bit ashamed...she's been married for over two years and also has a baby). I guess the oil painting is now a wedding-anniversary-baby gift all wrapped into one...

And, before I actually give it to her, it's being displayed at Redeemer for their Alumni show. This just keeps getting worse, doesn't it? Ah well, she can go see it anytime she likes--in Redeemer's gallery space. I don't think she'd appreciate you all coming for Opening Night to her house anyway.

Count this as your invitation for Opening Night--happening this Saturday from 7:30 to 10pm. I'd love to see you there! Twelve other artists from Redeemer's 30 year history will also be displaying some work, so there's sure to be a nice party.


If you can't make it out to Opening Night, the show will be up for the month of November. The gallery is open anytime the school is open.

Cheers!

Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment